[pulseaudio-discuss] Echo cancellation in PulseAudio

Arun Raghavan arun.raghavan at collabora.co.uk
Tue Feb 8 03:50:05 PST 2011

On Tue, 2011-02-08 at 16:31 +0530, ssrk wrote:
> Hi Arun,
[...]
> Thanks for that reply,
> Let me try to download and compile it.
> Have you tried loading that module and checking that feature? if so,
> please send those commands also.

Once you've run the daemon, use "pactl load-module module-echo-cancel"
to load the module. You'll see a new sink and source that adds  echo
cancellation when used. If your application marks its streams' intended
role is marked as 'phone' (Empathy does this for voip calls already),
the echo-cancelling sink and source will automatically be used.

-- Arun