[pulseaudio-discuss] Improvement suggestion

Olof olof at baah.se
Sat Feb 12 09:35:33 PST 2011

2011/2/12 David Henningsson <david.henningsson at canonical.com>:
> On 2011-02-12 15:07, Olof wrote:
>>
>> Hi!
>
> Hi Olof!
>
>> This might be the wrong place but I didn't find anything better. I'm
>> using ubuntu 11.04 with pulseaudio 0.9.21-63-gd3efa-dirty.
>
> This does not make sense - Ubuntu 11.04 (as in Natty, the development
> version) is having 0.9.22 based Pulseaudio.

I played with a pulseaudio some time ago, maybe that why the version
is wrong. But it's still 0.9.21-63-gd3efa-dirty after doing a
reinstall of everything pulseaudio-related with the synaptic package
manager.

>> I had severe problems getting a monitor to work because I didn't
>> understand that the button with a loudspeaker on the input tab in the
>> volume control was something one could click on. It looks exactly the
>> same whether the monitor is muted or not. I think there is room for
>> improvement here, some kind of indication that the current state is
>> muted and one can fix it by clicking here would be appreciated!
>> Thanks!
>
> Are you talking about pavucontrol? I agree that the buttons could be
> clearer.
I invoke in through the icon in the taskbar and then a process
pavucontrol starts so yes, I guess so.