[pulseaudio-discuss] Trying to get Pukseaudio playing nice with KDE 4.6 on Arch Linux

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Sun Feb 13 11:52:37 PST 2011

'Twas brillig, and Gene Kodadek at 13/02/11 19:19 did gyre and gimble:
> All right, here goes. Here are the steps I took:  after starting Jack:
>
> 1) pulseaudio -vvvv
> 2) start-pulseaudio-x11
> 3) start-pulseaudio-kde
> 4) loaded jack modules (got an error message telling me they were already
> loaded)
>
> Here is the verbose output from that whole mess:

I don't see any mention of the jack modules in the PA verbose output there.

As no other sinks are available (udev-detect is run and detects your
alsa cards, but as jackd is running and has the cards open already, it
correctly reports the alsa devices as "busy" and thus doesn't create
sinks/sources for them directly), the "dummy output" is automatically
loaded but obviously as the name suggests, the sound effectively goes to
/dev/null.

Can you post the error messages you get from and the commands you use to
load the jack modules (basically step 4 in your list)?

That should help to debug further.

For the benefit of yourself and Tanu, the screens in Phonon should look
a little like the screenshots here: http://pulseaudio.org/wiki/KDE

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]