[pulseaudio-discuss] New feature in the works: "volume sharing"

Tanu Kaskinen tanu.kaskinen at digia.com
Tue Feb 15 04:10:57 PST 2011

On Tue, 2011-02-15 at 09:00 +0200, David Henningsson wrote:
> I have a question: how about the volume store/restore module? Will it
> store and restore the outermost sink's volume, the innermost one, or both?
>
> Another thing is the pick-up of volume/mute changes in the driver - at
> least that's done on the ALSA side. Will that then be pushed through in
> the other direction somehow, or...?
>
> Just trying to make sure you haven't missed anything :-)

Excellent questions. The logic hasn't been used with
module-device-restore, and volume changes from alsa have been disabled
also. Changes from alsa are supposed to be supported, but that hasn't
been tested. Volume restoring, however, seems to have been broken in the
way that module-device-restore could in some situations restore the
volume for a filter sink that uses volume sharing, which in my opinion
should never happen. I'll make sure that this will be fixed.