[pulseaudio-discuss] pulseaudio duplicate trace in /var/log/syslog
jg at jguk.org
Sat Feb 19 04:33:22 PST 2011
I have the following occurring every 5 seconds in syslog. I wanted to
offer to submit a patch for review to remove some of the duplicate
Observed on Ubuntu 10.10 x86:
See text below where I have numbered the lines.
1. Feb 19 10:39:20 note pulseaudio: socket-server.c: bind():
Address already in use
2. Feb 19 10:39:20 note pulseaudio: module.c: Failed to load
module "module-esound-protocol-unix" (argument: ""): initialization
3. Feb 19 10:39:20 note pulseaudio: main.c: Module load failed.
4. Feb 19 10:39:20 note pulseaudio: main.c: Failed to initialise daemon.
5. Feb 19 10:39:20 note pulseaudio: main.c: Daemon startup failed.
(3) is a dup of (2)
(4) is a dup of (5)
Would a patch be supported for review which removed these duplicate
messages from the output?
In addition, https://tango.0pointer.de does not have a signed SSL
cert. Could it get a CAcert one? Or even a verisign SSL cert.
Currently we get a firefox warning when connecting.
Best regards, Jon
More information about the pulseaudio-discuss