[pulseaudio-discuss] Questions about no ports available to select.

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Tue Feb 22 01:36:26 PST 2011

On 2011-02-22 09:51, fykcee1 at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm running pulseaudio 0.9.22 (from ubuntu natty,
> 0.9.22~0.9.21+stable-queue-32-g8478-0ubuntu21, see
> http://changelogs.ubuntu.com/changelogs/pool/main/p/pulseaudio/pulseaudio_0.9.22~0.9.21+stable-queue-32-g8478-0ubuntu21/changelog).
>
> I need to select a proper port to do record jobs, but find no
> ports(both source and sink in pavucontrol) available to select on my
> machine. The attachment is related log, any idea?

Your log indicates your HDA codec is a "Conexant ID 506e" - the Conexant
driver does not yet support this codec, so the driver falls back to a
generic driver. I intend to make a new attempt later this week to add a
quirk for that particular chip. If you, in the meantime, could point me
to a bug in Launchpad (filed with the "ubuntu-bug audio" command), that
would be helpful, as that would include valuable codec info. Thanks!

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
http://launchpad.net/~diwic