[pulseaudio-discuss] [RFC] Passthrough support

pl bossart bossart.nospam at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 08:03:43 PST 2011

Hi Arun,

>> > I've updated this page with the changes discussed so far (and translated
>> > them into the actual API changes that we need). Please take a look and
>> > let me know if this looks acceptable.

Couple of comments:
- There is a miss on the pa_format_info. the sampling frequency is
required.  The IEC format can be used at various sampling frequencies.
Passing just IEC isn't enough to configure the link with the receiver.
The number of channels could be 2 by default, but we may need to
change this as well for formats like TrueHD or DTS Master.
- in case no IEC formats are supported by the sink, what is the
returned value? If this is NULL, meaning there is no support, how do
we fall back to plain PCM?
- in case the routing changes, for example if you plug HDMI or BT, how
do we change the connection?

Thanks,
-Pierre