[pulseaudio-discuss] ANNOUNCE: Planning and Roadmap meeting: Thursday 24th Feb.

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Feb 22 15:07:35 PST 2011

'Twas brillig, and David Henningsson at 22/02/11 22:48 did gyre and gimble:
> Status for jack detection might be worth discussing. This is becoming
> increasingly important, due to a lot of Nvidia HDMI audio cards that are
> having several outputs, and there is no way knowing which one is the
> correct one, before the monitor is actually plugged in.
>
> Also there seem to have been several implementations of this feature but
> none have been committed.

Very good point. I've added this in - feel free to clarify :) (it
actually ties in to my dealing with virtual sinks in GUIs thing -
admittedly not as I've described it, so I reworded it a bit too)

> Given Ubuntu time schedules, such a feature would require too much work
> to land in 11.04, so I don't plan to start working on it now, but I
> might spend some time implementing it for 11.10, i e around May -
> August. (No promises though - still too early to know what will happen
> and if other things will take more time than expected, etc.)

Nice :)

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]