[pulseaudio-discuss] Questions about no ports available to select.

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Wed Feb 23 05:03:38 PST 2011

On 2011-02-23 04:19, fykcee1 at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> Thanks for your reply!
>
> 2011/2/22 David Henningsson<david.henningsson at canonical.com>
>>
>> Your log indicates your HDA codec is a "Conexant ID 506e" - the Conexant driver does not yet support this codec, so the driver falls back to a generic driver. I intend to make a new attempt later this week to add a quirk for that particular chip. If you, in the meantime, could point me to a bug in Launchpad (filed with the "ubuntu-bug audio" command), that would be helpful, as that would include valuable codec info. Thanks!
>>
> I'm not running ubuntu, just using that package from ubuntu, so no
> that command, sorry.

Ok, alsa info works just as well, see wiki.ubuntu.com/Audio/AlsaInfo

> The codec is Conexant CX20671-21Z, id is '0x14f1506e'. I did some
> hacks, none works:
>   * Switch the driver to latest one (embemed in linux 2.6.38-rc6)
>   * Add an entry for 0x14f1506e, using patch_conexant_auto or patch_cxt5066

I just sent an entry for 506e upstream to alsa-devel. You might need a
second quirk on top of that, just like I added for the Dell machines,
see
http://mailman.alsa-project.org/pipermail/alsa-devel/2011-February/037157.html

> BTW, I can see ports in alsamixer (for capture: mic1, mic2, mic3),
> which they can't be enumerated by PA?

I can't tell without having alsa-info but you might to be helped by my
input mixer rewrite, which I'm still trying to get tested and committed
into PulseAudio.

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
http://launchpad.net/~diwic