[pulseaudio-discuss] MacOS X Support

Stephen Lee sl33nyc at gmail.com
Sun Feb 27 06:34:00 PST 2011

I git clone'd master yesterday, successfully compiled, and ran PA on my MacOS X machine.  I was pleasantly surprised to see the Coreaudio modules!  I successfully tunnelled audio from one of my Linux machines to my MacOS X w/o using esound, but I noticed that iTunes wasn't included as a client when I was playing it and then checking list-clients from the PA cli.

Generally, what's the plan for being able to manipulate native MacOS X clients/streams via PA?  It'd be great to replace the AirTunes (AirPlay) functionality that Apple offers.  If this functionality is still a work in progress, is there a workaround?

-Stephen