[pulseaudio-discuss] Problems with Speex Resamplers

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Mon Jan 3 05:02:10 PST 2011

On 2010-12-23 16:58, Daniel Chen wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 10:50 AM, Colin Guthrie<gmane at colin.guthr.ie>  wrote:
>> Yeah, that gst commit works around the problem.
>
> Excellent. It seems to be a fairly noninvasive workaround worth
> applying to a stable release, so I'll see about getting the ball
> rolling for Ubuntu 10.10.

I don't mind having that in Ubuntu 10.10. Don't expect it to fix all PA
crashes though.

>> Actually David and Arun did a lot more than me on this issue. David's
>> "fighting rewinds" thread is also related to this issue (or at very
>> least was kicked off by looking at this).
>
> Right, those approaches are definitely the right direction.

Speaking of which:

In my fighting-rewinds ppa there are currently five patches, two for
gstreamer and three for PulseAudio. The three PA fixes have been posted
here a few weeks ago.

One of the gstreamer patches is the one spoken of above, the other
allows for sending larger packets than one gstreamer period-size.

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
http://launchpad.net/~diwic