[pulseaudio-discuss] Headless pulseaudio server. Creative XFi USB. Can't enable surround on Pulseaudio

Aitor Pazos mail at aitorpazos.es
Sat Jan 22 11:29:57 PST 2011

Dear list,
I've installed pulseaudio in a headless server. I can play files through all my
speakers (5.1) using alsa directly, but pulseaudio only creates estereo
profiles for the alsa sink. I've tried to force "channels=6" in default.pa for
the alsa-sink but it keeps loading it as a stereo sink.

"speaker-test -c 6" works fine, indeed.

My system:
Soundcard: Creative Sound Blaster XFi USB Pro
kernel: 2.6.35 armv5tel
pulseaudio: 0.9.21

Is there a way to force Pulseaudio to apply a 5.1 profile?
Any idea?

Thank you!!