[pulseaudio-discuss] Problems running pulseaudio on Slackware based system

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Sun Jan 30 03:29:11 PST 2011

'Twas brillig, and Robert Gabriel at 29/01/11 23:38 did gyre and gimble:
> Also, if I setup in default.pa:
>
> load-module module-alsa-sink device=hw:0
> load-module module-alsa-source device=hw:0
>
> and make sure that in daemon.conf everything is by default, then the
> sound seems to work.

What is more surprising is that your debug log correctly shows PA
probing for the various profiles and finding them, then creating the
sinks and sources correctly...

e.g.
D: alsa-mixer.c: Profile output:analog-stereo+input:analog-stereo supported.

So I'm pretty sure just setting everything to default in daemon.conf is
what fixed it, and you can forget the two load-module's above...

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]