[pulseaudio-discuss] pulse audio module callbacks

Himanshu Chug himanshu.chug at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 08:22:53 PDT 2011

Hi

I am going through module-cork-music-on-phone.c

To understand the code , I need some information about these functions:

sink_input_put_cb
sink_input_unlink_cb
sink_input_move_start_cb
sink_input_move_finish_cb

1. when each of these calls backs gets executed/called ?
2. these callbacks are internally calling to process() function (given
below) , I am interested to understand the last argument pa_bool_t create
of process(struct userdata *u, pa_sink_input *i, pa_bool_t create)
 ,how to decide when to pass TRUE and FALSE to process? any reference (if
available) will be helpful.

static pa_hook_result_t sink_input_put_cb(pa_core *core, pa_sink_input *i,
struct userdata *u) {
    pa_core_assert_ref(core);
    pa_sink_input_assert_ref(i);
    return process(u, i, TRUE);