[pulseaudio-discuss] PA_ERR_ACCESS problems.

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Jun 7 04:22:01 PDT 2011

'Twas brillig, and Anders Gnistrup at 07/06/11 08:05 did gyre and gimble:
> - Setting the volume on the sink using pa_context_set_sink_volume_by_index. This method works, but I wont to set the volume pr. stream, not pr. device.
> - Setting the volume using a similar method used in the application pavucontrol. I have tried this with little success.

Use pa_context_set_sink_input_volume() and pa_context_set_sink_input_mute()

This is what pavucontrol does. It think you're misreading the bit where
it uses ext stream restore stuff which deals with the saved database of
volumes which you generally shouldn't have to worry about.

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]