[pulseaudio-discuss] How is "pa_sink_input_process_msg" called?

Lin, Mengdong mengdong.lin at intel.com
Thu Jun 9 18:44:35 PDT 2011

Great thank, Tanu!

> Sink input implementers can override the default message handler with
> their own implementation. If they do that, then they usually call
> pa_sink_input_process_msg() explicitly for those messages that they
> don't want to handle specially (or in addition to handling the messages
> specially, they also want the default handler to do what it always
> does). You can find many examples this in the code if you grep for
> "pa_sink_input_process_msg".

So "protocol-native.c" is a implementor for a sink input, right? It has a "sink_input_process_msg" which overrides the default message handler as you said.

I have another question: is it possible for a sink input connected to multiple sinks? If yes, in which thread is the message handler is called?

Thanks
Amanda