[pulseaudio-discuss] How to use "sco_sink" and "sco_source" in the bluetooth device module?

Lin, Mengdong mengdong.lin at intel.com
Sun Jun 12 18:47:22 PDT 2011

Many thanks for your information, Luiz!

> First, the BlueZ audio.conf indicates audio routing to pcm?
In /etc/Bluetooth/audio.conf, I shall let audio routed to ALSA by enabling "SCORouting=PCM", right? Is this the only change for BlueZ?

>Btw, have you tried to hardcode the actual alsa device just to see what happens?
We are investigating. For SCO over PCM, shall we create new ALSA sink and source, or use the original ALSA sink & source?

> > -  Since "sco-sink" and "sco-source" are not dynamically
> created, so
> > I cannot routing inputs/outputs to them by hook the "SINK-PUT" or
> > "SOURCE-PUT" event, right?
>
> Not sure what you are talking about so I will just skip and let
> somebody else answer this.

I want to know when can I routing audio to the "sco-sink" and "sco-source"?
For A2DP or SCO-over-HCI case,  I can hook "PA_CORE_HOOK_SINK_PUT" and "PA_CORE_HOOK_SOURCE_PUT" and route audio to the new created BT sink & source when a BT headset is connected.
But for SCO-over-PCM case, the sink & source is set from external and so I don't know when they are ready to move sink inputs or source outputs to them.

Thanks
Amanda