[pulseaudio-discuss] How to use "sco_sink" and "sco_source" in the bluetooth device module?

Lin, Mengdong mengdong.lin at intel.com
Tue Jun 14 19:46:55 PDT 2011

Thank you so much for your guide, Tanu! Would you kindly share more details?

> > -          I can set the ALSA sink & source as the "sco-sink" and
> > "sco-source", right?
>
> Just pass the sco-source and sco-sink arguments to
> module-bluetooth-discover.

Can I set the two parameters for module-bluetooth-discover in "default.pa" ? I've not found an example to pass parameters via "default.pa" ;-(

> > -          Since "sco-sink" and "sco-source" are not dynamically
> > created, so I cannot routing inputs/outputs to them by hook the
> > "SINK-PUT" or "SOURCE-PUT" event, right?
>
> Right. It would be good to make it possible to load those dynamically,
> though. One possibility would be to load module-alsa-sink/source from
> module-bluetooth-device when the hsp profile is activated. Or if the
> card is managed by module-alsa-card, then module-bluetooth-device could
> switch the card profile so that the appropriate devices get loaded.

for Maemon, the "sco-sink" and "sco-source" are created by module-alsa-card before Bluetooth device is connected, right?
Is "sco-sink" a different sink from normal ALSA sink? Or they are the same ALSA sink and so routing is not needed when a Bluetooth HSP headset is connected?
When the module-bluetooth-device is initialized to HSP profile, it just stores "sco-sink" and "sco-source" and does not notify module-alsa-card to prepare for data transport (see init_profile ->add sink & add source). So how can module-alsa-card know it shall make "sco-sink" and "sco-source" ready for data transport?

It would be nice to load those dynamically. How can the module-bluetooth-device find the module-alsa-card and let it change profile and created new sink/source for HSP?
And where can I find the profile list of "module-alsa-card"? I want to check whether there is a profile for alsa to support "Bluetooth hsp".

Are all the Maemo's changes merged to MeeGo? Including your fix for volume control? We want to study the code.

Thanks
Amanda