[pulseaudio-discuss] understanding PA cork/uncorking scenarios

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Jun 16 02:04:31 PDT 2011

'Twas brillig, and Tanu Kaskinen at 16/06/11 09:17 did gyre and gimble:
>> and then where gst listens to these events and
>> > pause / resume gst pipeline accordingly ?
>> > Is pulsesink involved here somehow ? I can see
>> > gst_pulsering_stream_event_cb( )  function (inside pulsesink.c)  handling
>> > PA_STREAM_EVENT_REQUEST_CORK but currently it is under #ifdef
>> > HAVE_PULSE_0_9_15 flag and disabled.
> That's the function that should handle the cork request and pause the
> Gstreamer pipeline. If the code is disabled, then Pulseaudio's stream
> events apparently are not currently handled by Gstreamer.

Is HAVE_PULSE_0_9_15 not defined? If so, then this is likely a GST build
system issue. It should be defined for PA v0.9.15 onwards I believe....
Have you confirmed that it is definitely disabled?

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]