[pulseaudio-discuss] Async API - need some help

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Sun Jun 19 01:48:37 PDT 2011

On Sun, 2011-06-19 at 11:28 +0300, Tanu Kaskinen wrote:
> Btw, pa_buffer_attr.tlength is given in microseconds, but you pass the
> number in the UI without converting it, and since the ui doesn't let me
> choose bigger numbers than 2000, the maximum tlength is 8000
> microseconds... (Why do you multiply the number with 4, btw?)

Uh, I'm talking nonsense here. tlength is given in bytes. Your
conversion is broken still, though. What I said about the effective
tlength not being what was requested is not true - pulseaudio does seem
to work correctly here (the effective tlength is less than what is
requested, but I'd guess that the sink latency is getting substracted
from the requested length). Latency reporting is still broken.