[pulseaudio-discuss] Realtek ALC892 being overdriven to 153 % volume

Julian Sikorski belegdol at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 14:25:54 PDT 2011

W dniu 20.06.2011 14:03, Daniel Chen pisze:

> On Jun 19, 2011 4:20 AM, "Julian Sikorski" <belegdol at gmail.com
> <mailto:belegdol at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> again, this is on a Clevo P150HM laptop. When I use Fn-F5/F6 keys in
>> Gnome, it is possible to get the volume up to 153 %, which sometimes
>> leads to sound distortion. Is this the intended behaviour?
>>

> The current distros I see shipping GNOME don't push the "max" for volume
> keys/wheel beyond "100%". If you're seeing this distortion, it looks
> like an alsa-devel driver bug. We need alsa-info.sh output to diagnose
> this (or a link to a bug report with said output) .
>
> Which raises the question: should we even patch the drivers to cap at 0
> dB if we're allowing this boost?
>
> Cheers,
> -Dan

I'm not sure if it's an alsa bug, since when I go above 100% with Fn-F6
alsamixer still shows 100 %
Moreover, while the sound is more or less fine via the speakers, the
distortion is really bad with my headphones - see the other thread I
posted about the multitude of outputs.
I'm attaching alsa-info.sh output, perhaps there is something
interesting in it.

Julian