[pulseaudio-discuss] PA re-sampling and mute/unmute query

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Jun 30 01:55:51 PDT 2011

'Twas brillig, and Himanshu Chug at 30/06/11 09:32 did gyre and gimble:

> On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 10:06 PM, Tanu Kaskinen <tanuk at iki.fi
> <mailto:tanuk at iki.fi>> wrote:
>
>     These questions seem to have gone unanswered...
>

> Thanks Tanu :) for the reply.
> I understand you and other senior members are busy with new release
> activities and patch integrations, as seen from group activity,
> thanks again for the reply and clarifications :)

Yeah sorry, I seemed to have missed the questions initially too. Thanks
Tanu :)

> one question here is, How to find out what sampling-rate that an
> particular sink (e.g ALSA) is configured to ?
> or in other words , how PA knows sampling-rate configuration of an sink
> (any sink API's ? )? so that PA starts re-sampling to that particular
> sample-rate.

So sink input and sinks both have "sample specs" If the sample specs are
not compatible (!pa_sample_spec_equal()) then we will do some form of
resampling.