[pulseaudio-discuss] Problems trying to connecf HFP device

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Mar 1 10:01:52 PST 2011

'Twas brillig, and Franz Glauber at 01/03/11 16:47 did gyre and gimble:
> On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 12:35 PM, Colin Guthrie <gmane at colin.guthr.ie> wrote:
>> [Friendly Request: If possible can you send plain text emails and use
>> conventional formatting for mailing lists? That makes your mails easier
>> to read and reply to and saves us upstream people who real loads of such
>> emails every day some valuable time. Thanks :)]
>
> Sorry, it's a little annoying to switch to it and back on GMail... I
> will try to remember this.

No worries :) I'd have thought you could specify this as an option
per-recipient, but hey ho.

>> The 2nd one should have returned details of the running PA process...
>> but that's probably just an oversight on your part :)
>
> franz     6923  0.0  0.1 233632  5256 ?        Ssl  Feb28   0:01
> /usr/bin/pulseaudio --start --log-target=syslog
>
> I didn't thought it was so meaningful

That's OK, I inferred the result from your next test anyway.

>> I should have also asked you to use LC_ALL=C too so the debug was in
>> English, but never mind, I think I can work it out.
>
> I also didn't know it would work that way. Next time it will be in english. =)

Excellent. One more titbit of knowledge to keep in your debugging arsenal :)

>> I'm not sure why there would be such a big pause at the connection
>> stage. Does the big pause only happen when the BT device is connected?
>> e.g. if it's not connected, the connection is quick?
>
> Yep, only when the device is connected. Otherwise it's pretty quick.

Very odd. I'm not sure why such a thing would affect the connection phase.

I'll have to defer to cleverer people than I.... any ideas clever people?

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]