[pulseaudio-discuss] Windows binaries

Daniel Mack zonque at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 16:10:56 PST 2011

On Feb 26, 2011 10:00 PM, "Sean McNamara" <smcnam at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 8:28 AM, Maarten Bosmans <mkbosmans at gmail.com>
wrote:
> > As the patches that make it possible to build pulse on win32 should
> > land in master any moment now, I thought it would be a good time to
> > make the binaries available for download.
>
> This is amazing work! I'm able to play audio from Ubuntu to Win32 over
> a gigabit ethernet crossover cable (to spare the latency of the
> router), using Ubuntu 11.04 on the Linux side. No dropouts. I remember
> doing this a long time ago, but it wasn't nearly as reliable or
> robust. I've tested several simultaneous streams, with no detectable
> problems, with Synergy desktop sharing going over the same connection.

Interesting! As I'm currently working on a port to Mac OS X, I'm curious if
anyone has plans to add a way to redirect audio from native Windows
applications (ASIO, WDM) to PulseAudio.

I believe it would be mandatory to hack a kernel driver to provide a virtual
sound card for sinks and sources, just like on OS X.

Daniel