[pulseaudio-discuss] Skype masking notifications as phone stream

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Mar 3 01:55:16 PST 2011

'Twas brillig, and Marko Doda at 03/03/11 09:10 did gyre and gimble:
> its version 2.1.0.81

That's the version I have too, but like I say the notification sounds
are properly tagged (see my "pacmd list-sink-inputs" output from the
previous mail)

FWIW, I do always comment out the x11-cork module and have encouraged
distros to do the same and will likely do this upstream too, as it
generally causes unexpected results. It's not so much to do with
misbehaving applications tho', more the way it works (by simulating key
presses)

In the upcoming git master release, I'll support things properly in KDE
with regards to pausing/resuming, but it wont solve your problem...

Not sure what to advise, as, like I say, that's the same version of
Skype I have and it's tagging the streams properly.

What does your pacmd output look like when a notification is being played?

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]