[pulseaudio-discuss] [RFC] Pulseaudio jack sense

Margarita Olaya magi at slimlogic.co.uk
Thu Mar 10 13:47:27 PST 2011

Hi,

I have some initial code for jack sense implementation, the approach
is to listen /dev/input/eventX and pass that data as argument to a new
module called module-jack-detect where a thread wakes when the jack
has been inserted.

Using the current code I'm able to catch jack insertion and removal,
next step is to signal PA core when the jack has been inserted so this
calls a hook in the PA UCM module to load the ucm configuration for
jack.

So, I need to send a message to any other interested module but I'm
sure how implement it, Can a hook be used to signal PA core?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Code is available at
http://git.slimlogic.co.uk/cgi-bin/cgit.cgi/pulseaudio.git/log/?h=9.20-ucm_module

Thanks in advance,