[pulseaudio-discuss] Still some SIMD issues

pl bossart bossart.nospam at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 13:12:48 PST 2011

> When testing with a52, reducing the volume of the Front Centre channel
> to 50% vs. 100% for the others, causes a high pitched artefact to be
> introduced.
>
> exporting PULSE_NO_SIMD=1 prevents the problem (although I do still seem
> to get some artefacts when mixing - but this could be due to lack of
> rewind on a52 or somehow related to that).
>
> Just mentioning here by way of recording the issue.

I've had the same issue for ages when playing back multichannel files,
be that on a HDMI or local stereo out. When all the channels have the
same volume everything's fine. When a single channel has a different
setting from the others, there' s this high-frequency pitch. It's been
a year at least but I've never had the time to look into this.
-Pierre