[pulseaudio-discuss] One question about channel mapping in resampler

Bu, Long long.bu at intel.com
Mon Mar 14 02:42:53 PDT 2011

Hi,
	My audio card is intel HDA. I set card profile to output:analog-sorround-51 so that 5.1 streams can work.
	But I also want front-left channel go to real-left speaker and front-right go to rear-right when I playback a stereo audio stream.(with playbin2 which use pulsesink)
	But during my experiments, for a stereo audio stream, only front-left, front-right, front-center speaker had output.
	I checked the calc_map_table function in resampler.c, I realized this behavior seemed by the implementation.

	So, to achieve my purpose, either I:
	1. change the resampler.c source code. Or
	2. use some gstreamer plugin to mapping stereo stream to a 5.1 stream before pulsesink.

	Any hints or correction?

	Thanks a lot!

Cheers.
Long