[pulseaudio-discuss] [WIP] Passthrough support

pl bossart bossart.nospam at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 12:57:29 PDT 2011

>> Other things I noticed: the volume is much higher in passthrough mode,
>> maybe we need to find a way to set the volume on the headset to match
>> the volume used for PCM. Also I heard some high-frequency modulations,
>> typically coding noise, maybe there's still something fishy during the
>> mp3 decode part.
>
> I get this sort of thing on, as far as I can tell, one channel as well.
> I figured the decoder on the CSR chip wasn't that great.

Looks to me that the quality is slightly worse than with the initial
patches, but it's of course a very subjective assessment since I need
to reinstall pulse/gstreamer to check the differences instead of doing
an A/B test. Can you check and make sure the payloader doesn't
skip/change any bytes? If you dump what is actually sent to the
headset and compare to the initial file, you shouldn't have any
deltas.
Thanks
-Pierre