[pulseaudio-discuss] [WIP] Passthrough support

pl bossart bossart.nospam at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 13:40:39 PDT 2011

> I would suggest to use the new API to implement audio passthrough for
> bluetooth devices, it is very likely the we will be disabling unix
> socket IPC in BlueZ. What I would do is, if audio passthrough is
> supported then PA register a mp3 endpoint and try to configure both
> sbc and mp3 simultaneously (only one active at time) when possible so
> we can quickly switch between codecs.

Luiz, what is the time frame for removal of this socket IPC? Will it
still be supported in Meego 1.2, 1.3, etc.? I don't disagree this is
the right thing to do, I am just wondering if we would run into some
integration issues that would actually delay the availability of MP3
passthrough by moving too quickly. Or maybe we can have the two
approaches supported and remove this initial version at a later time?
Thanks,
-Pierre