[pulseaudio-discuss] pulseaudio xbmc passthrough success

Kelly Anderson kelly at silka.with-linux.com
Fri Mar 18 14:10:12 PDT 2011

Good news :)  I've just watched District 9 and Master and Commander in
full dts-hd.  A few minor glitches (a couple of pops, I think it might
be buffer underruns),  other than that it worked great!

One thing I did notice with Master and Commander was that with standard
dts the dialog was not nearly as clear as it was with dts-hd.  dts-hd
has about 4 times the bandwidth.

I'll be putting up the newer code sometime tomorrow.  I've been working
pretty long hours on it and now I just want to relax a bit.