[pulseaudio-discuss] svolume_orc.c: error: line 67: unknown directive: .longparam

Arun Raghavan arun.raghavan at collabora.co.uk
Wed Mar 23 23:26:33 PDT 2011

On Mon, 2011-03-21 at 00:06 +0100, Paul Menzel wrote:
> Dear PulseAudio folks,
[...]
> I guess it has something to do with
>
>         commit 4cd90d9e32ca9a23e3c0f7615974ea0c55ff3e49
>         Author: Arun Raghavan <arun.raghavan at collabora.co.uk>
>         Date:   Mon Oct 25 17:59:08 2010 +0100
>
>             volume: Add Orc-based optimised volume scaling
>
>             This adds volume scaling for 1- and 2-channel software volume scaling
>             using Orc. While testing the MMX and SSE backends on a Core2, I see an
>             ~2x performance benefit over the hand-rolled MMX and SSE code. Since I
>             haven't been able to test on other architectures, the Orc code is only
>             used when MMX/SSE* is present. This can be changed in the future after
>             testing on AMD and ARM machines.
>
> but I do not know anything about this.
>
> I am using OpenEmbedded with `minimal` or `minimal-uclibc` for `MACHINE
> = "at91sam9260ek"`. ORCC 0.4.9 is used on this system.

Could you try with Orc 0.4.10? Unfortunately, I don't have a quick way
to downgrade my local Orc version to verify? If this is not possible, we
can just bump the patch to 0.4.11, which was released a while ago (and
is what I'm using).

BTW, for 0.9.22 and current stable-queue, the Orc stuff will not get
used for anything on ARM.

Cheers,
Arun