[pulseaudio-discuss] Current problems with git master

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Fri Mar 25 21:12:29 PDT 2011

On Sat, 2011-03-26 at 00:13 +0000, Colin Guthrie wrote:
> FWIW, the attached patch seems to work for me... simply not ref'ing the
> core. If this is OK, then I'll push it.

Yep, my bad. I think there's a rule that object A shall not ref object B
if B owns A. And here core owns everything, including the dbus objects.
Nobody should ref core. It's then a bit strange why the core is
refcounted in the first place, but I guess it's because the intention is
to make the Pulseaudio core pluggable into other programs, and those
other programs may want to have multiple references to the Pulseaudio
core object.