[pulseaudio-discuss] Is this a Pulseaudio bug or a Vala bug? (v2)

Alexander Kurtz kurtz.alex at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 30 10:12:42 PDT 2011

Hi,

I've got another problem with Vala and Pulseaudio's official Vala bindings.

This is my source code:

	$ cat test.vala
	class MyClass : Object {
		PulseAudio.ChannelMap map;
		static void main(){
		}
	}
	$

Compiling it fails:

	$ valac --pkg=libpulse --vapidir=. test.vala
	test.vala:2.2-2.26: warning: field `MyClass.map' never used
		PulseAudio.ChannelMap map;
		^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
	/tmp/ccCFqscK.o: In function `myclass_finalize':
	test.vala.c:(.text+0x152): undefined reference to `pulse_audio_channel_map_destroy'
	collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
	error: cc exited with status 256
	Compilation failed: 1 error(s), 1 warning(s)
	$

I thought this was a bug in Vala, since valac accepted the code but gcc
threw an error. I reported this to the Debian BTS[1] and was told that
this is a bug in the bindings which I doubt[3].

Can anybody confirm (or deny) that this is *not* a Pulseaudio bug?

Best regards

Alexander Kurtz

[2] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=619345#10
[3] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=619345#15