[pulseaudio-discuss] Semaphore lockup when using threaded mainloops excessively

Daniel Mack zonque at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 09:08:37 PDT 2011

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 3:02 PM, Daniel Mack <zonque at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm on Mac OS X, so it could be a platform specific issue, but maybe
> more test coverage shows the problem on other platforms as well. I
> also exchanged the semaphore implementation for an alternative, but
> that didn't help.
>
> Attached is a patch to add the test to the tree. Am I doing anything wrong?

I tried this test on a Linux machine now, with PulseAudio built from
the current git HEAD. Interestingly, the daemon (started with -vvv)
crashes reproducible, and the last lines of debug output are:

D: alsa-sink.c: Latency set to 371.52ms
D: alsa-sink.c: hwbuf_unused=4
D: alsa-sink.c: setting avail_min=15503
E: mcalign.c: Assertion 'l > 0' failed at pulsecore/mcalign.c:202,
function pa_mcalign_csize(). Aborting.

Does that ring a bell to anyone? I'll try to debug this further, but
hope for some input :)

Thanks,
Daniel