[pulseaudio-discuss] several seconds delay while playing video with timer-based audio scheduling enabled

xing wang wangxingchao2011 at gmail.com
Thu May 5 02:24:55 PDT 2011

Hi community,

I met a weird issue when playing video on Meego Platform.
if turn on timer-based audio scheduling, there's nearly seconds voice
delay during playing video.
The abnormal phenomenon disappeared after turn it off.

I use 2.6.37 kernel and 0.9.22 pulseaudio version. As suggestions
(http://0pointer.de/blog/projects/pulse-glitch-free.html)
the pulseaudio's glitch-free works on newest Alsa/Kernel/Pulseaudio,
newest everything.

After some google search, there's no obvious finding about similar
issues. Meanwhile i guess the official release of glitch-free
must be verified about "tsched" feature, so it's not a bug but a usage
mistake,such as some config file wrong for my platform.

So if anyone had meet same issue or could you provide some
suggestions, that would be appreciated much.

--thanks
xingchao