[pulseaudio-discuss] Is there any way to remap source channels?

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Fri May 13 03:07:33 PDT 2011

On Fri, 2011-05-13 at 11:30 +0200, marcin at saepia.net wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is there any way to remap source channels?
>
> I need the same functionality as provided by module-remap-sink, but
> for sources - I use multichannel soundcard (RME Hammerfall) and I want
> to create virtual sources that map to stereo pairs of my inputs. Then
> I want to use their names in my application.

module-remap-source would be nice to have. But we don't have it.

A very ugly hack, which I'm not sure even works, would be to configure
the channel map of the sound card to have only aux channels (required to
prevent remixing), then load a null sink with two channels (channel map
matched to the desired channels on the sound card), then load
module-loopback that loops the sound card to the null sink. Then you can
record from the null sink's monitor.