[pulseaudio-discuss] module-echo-cancel

Arun Raghavan arun.raghavan at collabora.co.uk
Fri May 27 09:52:05 PDT 2011

On Fri, 2011-05-27 at 09:13 -0700, Baek Chang wrote:
[...]
> Well there was a lot of feedback, I was essentially doing an arecord
> and piping that to play, so a loopback test from mic to speakers.
> I am on Qualcomm soc.

First try to get rid of the feedback and switch to 8 or 16 kHz. If you
see a lot of messages about dropped samples, chances are that the timing
information from your ALSA driver is inaccurate.

[...]
> No, the voip stack should be at 8 or 16kHz like you said, I was just
> trying this without voip and it was set up at 44.1kHz.  I can try it
> at 8kHz mono and see if this improves the cpu usage and echo.

It definitely will improve CPU usage. Hopefully echo levels as well. I
think it might be good to spit out a warning for rates >16 kHz, or even
make 16 kHz + mono the default.

-- Arun