[pulseaudio-discuss] How to check audio sample data to a bluetooth sink?

Lin, Mengdong mengdong.lin at intel.com
Sat May 28 20:39:30 PDT 2011

Great thanks, Arun!

> You can also connect to the monitor source of the sink to capture the actual data.

I saw a Bluetooth monitor source of the sink. But I don't know how to use it. Do you mean that I can move the GTalk sink input stream's to that *monitor source*?
And where can I get the captured data? And how can I verify the data is ok?

In addition, if a Bluetooth HSP sink is connected to 2 sink input streams, how does the bluetooth sink handle different audio formats such as sampling frequency? How the two steams is mixed, in which component? Eg. one sink input is 44100HZ stereo (music player) and the other is 16000HZ mono (Gtalk)?
I have this question because if I connect music player's input to the BT HSP sink at the same time, I can hear the music but GTalk keeps quiet.

Thanks
Amanda