[pulseaudio-discuss] How to check audio sample data to a bluetooth sink?

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Sun May 29 10:34:41 PDT 2011

On Sun, 2011-05-29 at 23:03 +0800, Lin, Mengdong wrote:
> And since input stream's sample rate (16KHZ mono) is different to that of the BT sink (8KHZ mono), does the source monitor capture the resampled data?

Whoops - I forgot to answer this in my previous mail.

When you record from a monitor source, you get the mixed audio of all
the streams that are currently playing to the sink that is being
monitored. When thinking from this point of view, the answer should
become obvious: since the streams have to be resampled before they can
be mixed into one stream, the data that you get from the monitor source
is resampled to the sink's sample rate.