[pulseaudio-discuss] "Unable to create stream: Connection terminated" happening relatively frequently in ubuntu 11.10

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Tue Nov 1 00:03:45 PDT 2011

On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 10:26 PM, Arun Raghavan
<arun.raghavan at collabora.co.uk> wrote:
> Could you also post the output of ls -l /proc/$(pidof pulseaudio)/fd ?
> Please also include the 'PULSE_LOG=4 pactl list' output again from the
> same login.

OK, I just ran those commands at the same desktop, the logs are at
http://kegel.com/pabug/ along with an rzipped server log.
(I doubt the problem occurred during the four? days of the server log, though,
and I haven't seen the problem for several days now.)

> I've seen a weird race a couple of times since yesterday seemingly due
> to the PulseAudio server coming up before the hostname is set. Anybody
> else seeing something like this?

For what it's worth, my failures are all long after boot.
- Dan