[pulseaudio-discuss] (no subject)

Arun Raghavan arun.raghavan at collabora.co.uk
Tue Nov 1 01:54:08 PDT 2011

Hey folks,
Based on some discussions at Prague, I hacked up this module while waiting for
my flight back to take off. It's ambitiously named as a generic
profile-switcher module. For now though, it switches bluetooth cards to
a2dp/hsp profile depending on what streams that are running. It's quite
trivial, to be honest, but useful.

I'm not pushing this out yet because the profile switch sometimes causes no
audio to turn up on A2DP. I can see data going out the sink-input and at the
sink's monitor, so it appears to be a problem in the bluetooth sink bits. If
someone wants to look at what's happening, that'd be ace, but if not, I'll try
to pin down the problem when time permits.

Cheers,
Arun

p.s.: Thoughts on giving A2DP sinks the "music" intended role? This will mean
all your music/movies will come out your BT headset if paired until you
manually move away, which is a pretty big change in behaviour.