[pulseaudio-discuss] mic is seen by pulse but won't take in signals

"Bearcat M. Şandor" hometheater at feline-soul.com
Wed Nov 2 02:42:32 PDT 2011

Folks,

I've been working on a pulseaudio set up for the last few days. I have
just about everything working except the mic. It *was* working  a few
days ago before i tried to get RTP working. I donno what i did.

If i make a test call with skype or try to record into an app, pulse
audio displays the mic as "Analog Microphone" and lists the app under
the "Recording" tab. However, using the mic results in no sound and the
meter does not move on the input devices tab. I've made sure that the
Recording was set to the card and not RTP.

I have pulseaudio as the default device in alsa and other than the mic
and RTc in one direction things are fine:
asound.conf:

pcm.pulse {
	type pulse
}