[pulseaudio-discuss] Buffering attributes with variable format

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Nov 7 02:35:26 PST 2011

'Twas brillig, and Felipe Contreras at 05/11/11 15:25 did gyre and gimble:
> On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 8:59 AM, Arun Raghavan
> <arun.raghavan at collabora.co.uk> wrote:
>>>
>>> Oh yeah. Sorry that I spend much of the free time I had in the past few months
>>> fixing our code (good), adapting to PulseAudio new requirements (not very
>>> good) or working around PulseAudio limitations (bad).
>>>
>>> But you are right. Intel OTC is surely not paying you to care about mere
>>> hobbyists. Let them fuck off. Thanks a lot.
>>
>> None of that gives you the right to be rude and uncivil, so please drop
>> the abrasive attitude and personal remarks.
>
> He has the *right* to be that way. Other communities like LKML have no
> problem with that. People should focus on what is being said, not how
> it's being said.

No one has the right to be uncivil and a friendly reminder of that is
all it takes to have the kind of ecosystem and community *we* want. I
don't give a crap how LKML or other communities do it, that is totally
irrelevant.

And what we certainly don't want is people dragging up month old threads
when there really is no need to do so other than to cause trouble and
generally create bad feeling. I really do not understand the logic of
this, but please do not do it again. I don't like taking action against
people who continually disrupt the community, but I will still take that
action when it's warranted. And for the record, while Remi can be prone
to the occasional over-reaction at times, I certainly don't consider him
to be guilty of this generally - he posts questions, answers and
interacts with people and helps out on IRC and is in all other respects
a valuable participant in this community. The posts from yourself only
seem to be about causing general unrest in the community and do not even
have anything to do with the topic pulseaudio or linux audio in general.

So I'm asking nicely for you to please back off unless you have a
question or discussion point related to audio, and that includes further
replies to this or the "reply-to" thread.

Thank you.

  Trac Hacker http://trac.edgewall.org/