[pulseaudio-discuss] Buffering attributes with variable format

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Mon Nov 7 13:06:18 PST 2011

On Mon, 2011-11-07 at 19:49 +0200, Felipe Contreras wrote:
> Once you have such guidelines Arun could say "Being rude and uncivil
> goes against this mailing list guidelines, so please drop the abrasive
> attitude and personal remarks.", and perhaps share a link to those
> guidelines.
>
> Here's one example:
> https://live.gnome.org/CodeOfConduct

I'd be in favor of writing down a code of conduct document, since there
seems to be some need for one. I think Gnome's code of conduct would fit
Pulseaudio fine too, so we could basically just copy that text.

> I believe I've made my point clear that other people don't agree with
> you that tone should be important in discussions, so if nobody replies
> here, I won't either. As for the "reply-to" thread, I want to leave
> something clear, so I will make one final comment, and again, if
> nobody replies, leave it there. Anyway, I don't see why you stress so
> much about normal discussion about communication methods.

The impression that I got from your previous mail in this thread was
that you were advocating for a "anything goes" policy. Maybe that helps
you see why you got the response that you did.

Thanks for the constructive mail :)