[pulseaudio-discuss] "Speaker saver" module to notify when sound is needed and when not

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Mon Nov 7 14:40:21 PST 2011

On Mon, 2011-11-07 at 22:58 +0100, Ben Bucksch wrote:
> On 07.11.2011 22:38, Tanu Kaskinen wrote:
> > On Mon, 2011-11-07 at 10:23 +0000, Colin Guthrie wrote:
> >> The other option is to get your hands dirty, write a module in PA and
> >> use that.
> > I don't see why server-side solution would be better in this case.
>
> I didn't claim that. I agree, system-wide or not is irrelevant for this
> question.

That comment was an answer to Colin's suggestion to write a module. I
was not referring to the system vs. session question. I meant that you
can either make an application that connects to the pulseaudio server
(system or session, doesn't matter), in which case it's a client-side
solution, or you can make a module that is loaded into the server
process, in which case it's a server-side solution.