[pulseaudio-discuss] Jack detection - Client API for UIs
david.henningsson at canonical.com
Fri Nov 11 06:08:24 PST 2011
On 11/11/2011 12:17 AM, David Henningsson wrote:
> Do you think we can merge these different views and come up with an
> agreed client API within a couple of days?
Ok, so I can happily say that we had a great IRC conversation on the
topic today. The outcome was:
* Not to register port objects with the core (for the time being)
* Not to add "inactive" sinks/sources to the client API (for the time
* When port availability changes, fire a subscription event for the card.
* I'm not sure we got consensus on if/when the sink/source should also
get a subscription event, but that can be discussed later.
* To change the existing proposal's "is_input" and "is_output" to a
bitfield. Thus the new client API proposal is now attached. I'll start
working on implementing this next week unless I hear massive complaints.
One detail though: should the enums be declared as is (e g
"pa_direction_t direction;") or as ints ("int direction;")? I remember
someone saying enums were more likely to change size than ints.
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
More information about the pulseaudio-discuss