[pulseaudio-discuss] pulseaudio bug in resampler.c method src-linear

Ray Walker ray.rwalk2730 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 20:07:26 PST 2011

There is a bug in resampler.c (version 1.0) with an assert at line 1230.
 It only occurs with the resampler method of src-linear.

Here is the output.  I worked with mkbosmans in #pulseaudio on this and he
suggested I send this email.

The bug and subsequent data is reported here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pulseaudio/+bug/885347

I have experienced this bug for over a year through many Ubuntu upgrades
(assuming each upgrade, which I do every April and October, comes with a
new version of pulseaudio) and prevented me from playing certain tracks on
websites and causes Exaile to not function at all.  So, it's not something
new with pulseaudio 1.0 but has been there for a long time.

--
- Ray