[pulseaudio-discuss] [RFC 0/5] bluetooth: Use BlueZ's media API only

Mikel Astiz mikel.astiz at bmw-carit.de
Fri Nov 18 01:02:34 PST 2011

Hi Arun,

> Is this meant to be RFC only or are the patches good to merge. Patches
> 1, 2 and 5 look fine to me. 3 and 4 are likely a no-go. Luiz and I spoke
> about this a few weeks ago, and I am given to understand the BlueZ Media
> API has been around for a few months?

They were submitted as RFC exactly for that reason. I agree it is too
early to actually drop this code, but I would find it interesting if the
user-base of the Media API grows and more use-cases are tested.

As you point out, patches 1 and 2 are more obvious. For the rest, the
discussion is open.

Regards,
Mikel