[pulseaudio-discuss] [SOLVED] usb sound card: PCM has 8 channels, thats too much & cannot submit datapipe for urb 0

Martin Steigerwald Martin at lichtvoll.de
Sat Nov 19 13:03:50 PST 2011

Am Samstag, 19. November 2011 schrieb Martin Steigerwald:
> Hi!
>
> I saw the soundcard working already with Pulseaudio, but now it
> doesn´t.

Forget this. I should tune my hi-fi to the right input in order to hear
anything ;). Seems I have been too much into audio troubles.

Still Pulseaudio only sets volume on the right channel instead of both and
the left one is muted, but I will report this properly at some other time.

At least thats with this sound card and maybe the PCM has 8 channels,
thats too much message is the problem here?

> Nov 19 21:47:05 merkaba pulseaudio[1666]: [pulseaudio] alsa-mixer.c:
> Volume element PCM has 8 channels. That's too much! I can't handle
> that! Nov 19 21:47:05 merkaba kernel: [   53.498439] cannot submit
> datapipe for urb 0, error -28: not enough bandwidth

So now watching that movie ;). With Pulseaudio.

There are still changes that Pulseaudio and me get friends ;).

Thanks,